The Service Manager, Mexico is responsible for fulfilling all SMA Global Service Operations (GSO) duties and responsibilities within the country of Mexico. Responsibilities include the oversight and strategic implementation of a local and distributed service team(s) to support SMA product warranties, extended warranties, new site commissioning, preventive maintenance contracts as well as Operations and Maintenance (O&M) contracts and all other service related engagements as required. Service Manager will be required to understand all product offerings, both inverter and service, from a technical aspect, become a systems expert on all offerings and represent the GSO within perspective client meetings to support the growth of the SMA brand within Mexico.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets up and leads the local service organization including hiring technical, engineering, and support staff under the guidance of SMA global resources, training new service personnel, and providing administrative support and financial oversight of all service related activities.
- Responsible for overseeing, specifying, planning, budgeting, coordinating and implementing all service-related deliverables to applicable service teams and customers as required.
- Ensures the execution of all O&M contracts sold within Mexico
- Prepares and manages all Service support systems milestones and the proper dissemination of these milestones to all involved stakeholders in the service organization and local company.
- Supports the regional Service Partner Manager as required to ensure any deliverables assigned to a partner and/or subcontractor can be tracked, executed, and documented as required. Provide any local support for the GSO group in the execution of service partner contracts within Mexico.
- Work directly with the Service Management Team of SMA America to develop and execute a winning service strategy to enhance SMA-America’s position in the marketplace.
- Other duties as may be required or assigned.
Education and Experience
- A professional degree in electrical engineering, solar engineering, business management, with an emphasis in a technical discipline, is strongly preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in management, project management, or related fields.
- Prior experience working within an Operations and Maintenance group, preferably at a management level.
- Prior experience in the solar energy industry is strongly preferred with an understanding of solar inverters, Operations and Maintenance of solar plants or similar are required.
- PMP certifications/training preferred
- Highly customer and success-oriented, flexible and able to work as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in both the Spanish and English languages, both written and verbal
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to analyze and solve problems effectively with an attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Willingness to travel extensively both domestically and internationally